- This event has passed.
Layers of Movement with Katie Kendrick
February 5, 2016 - February 7, 2016
Layers of Movement
a 3 day workshop with Katie Kendrick
February 5-7, 2016
Courage is to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart. ~ Brene Brown
The Alchemy of Spontaneous Expression
When I paint, I can think of nothing more thrilling than abiding in the spacious state of spontaneous expression, myriad choices bubbling to the surface, making marks in my distinctive and original voice, moment to moment, creating a painting that resonates with my human experience, and then there is the satisfaction and completeness that comes at the end. A soulful painting is a map, a series of creative thoughts and gestures layered across a substrate, the mysterious visual language of authentic creative expression that speaks from our heart to our soul.
For three luxurious days we’ll have the opportunity to explore that rich and mysterious landscape, roaming the outside edges of our comfort zone in loving support of our curious and expanding soul.
Together we’ll playfully experiment with techniques and exercises that engage our senses and I’ll share some visualization and awareness practices that sharpen our intuition and deepen the communication between our heart and the canvas.
In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few. ~ Shunryu Suzuki
Whether we are new to painting or come as experienced painters, this weekend we’ll all gather together with “beginner’s mind” as we explore:
* Trusting our intuition, learning to feel more comfortable metaphorically “walking in the darkness” as we paint, gently supporting and following the flow of the sacred mystery in our work until it reveals itself
* Observing how movement (creative energy) looks and feels in our body and in our paintings, tuning in to the conversation between you and your creation.
* Discussion and practices to examine freshness or lack of it in our work and ways to create movement when paintings feel stale
* Using the practice of inquiry to gain momentum when energy bogs down
* Exploring our interior world through abstract and/or expressionist painting
* Having a boat-load of fun together!!Dates & Time: February 5-7, 2016, 9:30-4:30 with an hour for lunchLocation: The Space, 2009 Airport Blvd, Austin, Tx. 78721
Price: $450 (non-refundable, but transferable)
Supplies list mailed upon registration.
Go here to register.